Wednesday, January 16, 2008

United Streaming

I have been spending some time 'playing' with the United Streaming/Discovery Learning service and continue to be impressed by what it has to offer.  I have discovered that it is certainly more than a video streaming service.  I recently completed my first assignment complete with video segments, weblink assignments, and online quizzes.  My plan is to use this assignment as the core component of the Understanding the Nervous System part of grade 6 science.  My plan is to have the more advance students in class work independently through the assignment while I work with a small group of at risk students.

Anyone interested in viewing the assignment can do so at the following link on my class page:


Of course you are welcome use the assignment if you are interested.  I have set it up so that it can be shared within our division.

Terry

3 comments:

Donna DesRoches said...

Terry,

Wow! I logged into your assignment and was very impressed.

And now for the upside of sharing....

I hope that you will consider doing a workshop for our May 5 convention. I think teachers would be very interested in seeing specific examples of United Streaming in use.

Donna

eldongermann said...

Terry,
I tried to view you assignment, via the links on you school web site and I could not get in. What am I doing wrong?

I also have some questions about your website. It looks very good, I would like to try some of the things you are doing on our web site.

cey something said...

Terry,

I also could not get into the assignment section. Any suggestions?

Thelma